The coil is truly at the heart of every vape or e-cigarette and is the primary component that vaporizes e-liquid. That being said, coils are consumables and they absolutely need to be replaced after a certain amount of time.
Thankfully, changing your coil is an incredibly simple procedure that can be done in a matter of minutes. There will be some variation based on how your tank is designed, but generally speaking, the process is standard for all popular vape tanks.
- Turn the tank upside down so the drip tip is pointed to the ground.
- Unscrew the base of the tank and unscrew the old coil from the base.
- Remove the new coil from the packaging.
- Prime the coil by dripping 1-3 drops of e-liquid onto all the cotton you can visibly see.
- Screw the coil back onto the base of the tank and reassemble.
- Allow the device to sit for 5-10 minutes to ensure the coil becomes fully saturated with e-liquid.
If you are in a bit of a rush, you may also take several inhales through your tank, while not pressing the fire button, to force e-liquid onto the coil.